Monday, August 13, 2012

DIY: Refinishing Furniture (and the best product out there!)

Ok, I'm no professional "refinish-er" but I found an amazing product that saves time & looks great.  I never have and never will be a fan of sanding.  (Probably the reason I never even tried to refurnish anything).  But then, I found this.

 Seriously, so amazing.  It's an oil based primer that you DONT have to sand anything.  Just paint right onto the furniture.  Not only is it easier, but it dries incredibly fast! All my projects have dried completely within at least 24 hours of the last coat of paint.  Awesome.  Anyone interested in refinishing things, this is the product to use.

Before: I've been looking for a dresser to hold my TV so that I can hide cords, and dvds to make our apartment more "crawling baby proof".  I wasn't expecting to pull the trigger anytime soon but when I was cruising craigslist, I found the perfect one!!! It's an antique.  It's sooo old, that there are wheels on the bottom and there are locks on the drawers.  Crazy old.  This piece has a LOT of character.  I love it.  I painted it light gray [Gentle Rain by Behr].  I wanted something subtle because of another bold piece of furniture I already had in the living room.  I absolutely love how it turned out!
I replaced the top nobs becuase I wasn't crazy about the original circle ones.  Plus, I love the look that my new flower crystal knobs from Hobby Lobby look on it! So stylin.





Surprisingly, this project only took me a day.  Granted, it was the weekend and my hubs could watch the little one so no distractions!



No comments:

Post a Comment