Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bedroom Re-do [Still in Progress]

There are a few reasons for my bedroom re-do... 1. I've never truly decorated our room, just our living areas and Max's nursery.  2. We have acquired more stuff since we moved in [a year ago] so it was time to organize and just get rid of things that we aren't using.  So the first thing that I did was move our bed up against the wall to provide more of an open space.  And we LOVE it.  Such a great idea when you're living in a small space like mine.  Because we moved our bed over, I decided to get rid of our 2 night stands and move to one. 

Nightstand:
I found this cute little nightstand at Goodwill.  I mostly liked  it because of the knob, it was just so cute! And, it was a bonus that it was only $12.  I used the "Better Homes" paint found in walmart in "Antique white".  I'm obsessed with the color.  I even re-did our kitchen chairs because i loved it so much.  This was such a simple, fun project and adds some great storage to our room.

 still in love with that knob..
 I found a place for my ruffle lamp! YES! I love it,  and our room wouldn't be complete with my handmade Chevron curtains! Adds some fun color and funky-ness to our room.  I'm obsessed with chevron.
 The start of my collage wall.  Let me repeat, the START! I'm not done yet, still gathering frames and decor to go above our bed but i'm loving it so far.

Brown "You & Me" Sign - TJ Maxx - $16.99
"Love" Mirror Sign - Hobby lobby - $7 (?) with it on sale.
& Sign - Hobby Lobby - Don't remember price i've had it for a while just didn't have a spot for it.
Giant Striped H - Handpainted by yours truly and cut out by www.paddingtonway.blogspot.com
Gray frame - Handpainted by yours truly, and found raw wood at Michaels

I'm LOVING the change and absolutly loving putting things together for my collage wall.  It's so fun to have a wall with just fun things, and pictures to bring happy memories. 


xoxo, Haley

1 comment:

  1. gahh i am semi obsessed with your lifeee! you are so crafty, and I never miss a blog post. you are so inspiring in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete